1 Piece at A Time

My American Dream. (Some assembly required.)

Monday, June 26, 2006

We're Getting Close!

Since my last post, we've received the commitment letter from the lender and the title search is underway. While we have yet to set a closing date, it shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks. I cannot wait to get into the house! I can't imagine that either of us will experience one smidgen of buyer's remorse. We both love the place and feel that we are getting a super bargain ($112,000) compared to what homes are going for these days. Once it's ours, I'll post a picture.

It's been a year since Pancake and I have had our own place, and since this is our first home, we're doubly excited. Oh, I miss my things! Everything has been in storage and I've started to forget what I own.

I apologize for neglecting my blog, but I've been faithfully reading my favorites: Windy City, Udandi, Diva Jen, and Boston Gal. I promise that once things settle, I will get back to posting regularly—I have to because I'm going to start working on a ten-year total debt elimination plan (mortgage included). I don't ever want to be in the position that we we're in these last two years. And since we've mastered the art of living on very little money, we’ve agreed to stick with the "lifestyle" to which we've become accustomed and focus our energies on our new home and on becoming debt-free.

Thanks to everyone who reads this blog!

1 Comments:

At Monday, 26 June, 2006, Blogger Andi @ udandi / Lunch It Punch It said...

thanks for the update! I'm excited to see a photo of your place :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home