1 Piece at A Time

My American Dream. (Some assembly required.)

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sweet Tooth + Free Cereal = Delicious

Before my in-laws left for their winter home, Pancake's mom gave me a box of Kashi GoLean, which neither of us seemed to be interested in eating. I didn't want to throw it out, and I didn't want to eat it, so I kept trying to come up with something to do with it other than use it as packing material. Viola! Yesterday, stricken by my sweet tooth, I decided to grind the cereal in my blender and make a graham cracker-style crust for banana cream pie. I'm happy to report that it was a success. Here's how I made it:

1 1/4 cups Kashi GoLean (ground in blender)
1/3 cup melter butter
1/4 cup raw sugar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg

Melt the butter and honey in small saucepan. Add honey butter to cereal crumbs, cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg. Press into 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home