1 Piece at A Time

My American Dream. (Some assembly required.)

Friday, January 12, 2007

Oh! So Close!: $100 A Week Update

It's only Friday and we've spent $99.59 this week. We've still got today, Saturday and Sunday to go. Where did we overspend so far? I upgraded our NetFlix account which cost $8.42. Plus I bought yarn for my next afghan project (Joann.com had a huge sale, so I'm not feeling guilty about that) and while I was on the site, I bought my niece's birthday present. Joann's total: $45.09. Our food expenses have been really low this week, but we did go get slices of pizza on Tuesday and then again yesterday. And we've been to the coffee shop every day this week.

Weekend Plan:

We have leftover "Chicken Breasts Supreme" from which we can make sandwiches tonight, with oven-roasted potatoes, and leftover baked beans. Food for tonight: Free.

Saturday I have everything to make Vegetable Barley Soup and Beer Bread.

Sunday can be fend-for-yourself night, which means cleaning out the fridge. (There will be leftover soup and there's leftover homemade Chinese food from Tuesday.)

As for my weekend projects, I'm still working on the hall and have all my supplies.

We might go a few bucks over the budget, but I think we can do it!

Note: Other than joining me at the coffee shop and pizza parlor and eating what I bring home from the grocery store, Pancake has not spent anything this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home