1 Piece at A Time

My American Dream. (Some assembly required.)

Friday, July 07, 2006

Debt Reduction/Savings Strategy Update

Mapgirl suggested we allocate 10% of our income to savings, and after reviewing our budget, I believe we can manage it. So after we sock away the initial "one paycheck for each of us," I will set up an automatic transfer to the HSBC account for 10% of our biweekly check. I've decided that any "disposable" income left at the end of the month (money left from over budgeting or money we've saved by spending less on groceries or utilities, etc.) will go toward debt reduction. Thanks Mapgirl!

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 11 July, 2006, Blogger mapgirl said...

No problem! Keep posting on your progress! Let me know if you want a Save-O-Meter. Go ahead and steal the code from me. I originally got it from Clutter2Cash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home