1 Piece at A Time

My American Dream. (Some assembly required.)

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Buy Nothing Days

I've decided to institute a "Buy Nothing Day" into my week. On those days, we will eat whatever we have in fridge or pantry and we won't spend any money anywhere else (e.g. on the internet, at the video store, etc.). Since I go to a coffee shop in the afternoons to get some writing done, I'll have to figure out how I'm going to work. I see the $2 I spend on a cup of coffee as rent because I work out of the house and sometimes I just need to go somewhere else. Maybe I'll start saving up my free coffee cards to use on those days! I also think I will pick Tuesdays, and maybe, if all goes well, I'll try upping my experiment to two times a week.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 17 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you could use a public or college library?

 
At Wednesday, 18 October, 2006, Blogger Mountain Girl said...

We have a great little public library here in town. The only drawback is that I can't have my afternoon coffee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home