1 Piece at A Time

My American Dream. (Some assembly required.)

Monday, October 30, 2006

Discover 0% Balance Transfer

I received notice that I have been approved for a Discover card with a 0% APR for 1 year, and that includes balance transfers. Good-bye Beneficial; hello Dicover. I'll be wiping out the LOC and paying off the Discover before the introductory rate expires. I calculated that over the course of a year I will save approximately $1200.00 in finance charges. That's no small potatoes.

I have also recently sent every single credit card company that we owe a letter requesting that they lower our interest rate since we have been making timely payments and paying more than the minimum payment. I'll let you know in furture posts how that turns out.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 14 December, 2006, Blogger Alexi Holford said...

I got the same offer and I am consider doing it. How has it been for you so far? Is this the offer that requires two purchases per billing cycle or the interest rate kicks in?

 
At Thursday, 04 January, 2007, Blogger Mountain Girl said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to answer this, Alexi. The Discover card I received is 0% and I don't have to make any additional purchases. So far it's working quite well. It's nice receiving a statement with $0.00 in the Finance Charge column.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home