1 Piece at A Time

My American Dream. (Some assembly required.)

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Zen-ing My Way through the Rest of the Week

I'm resigned to the fact that the clear-to-close is not going to happen any time this week. I phoned my mom last night and told her I would not be able to make it to the mass my sister is having at her church for our grandmother who passed away a year ago Thursday. (I'm not going because I'm afraid that the mortgage company will need something while I'm gone.) We had a good conversation and a few laughs about the house-buying process. She said that if we start saving our money now, we'll have enough to buy the house in cash by the time the mortgage comes through.

I feel strangely calm--which is a change from my usual state these days--and also a bit reflective. Financially, we have a long haul ahead of us, but we've also come very far in the last year. I have to remind myself that everything takes time. We did not get into our situation overnight, and it is going to take time to reverse the damage. We have taken many hard, laborious steps in the right direction, and I am confidant that we are on the right road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home