1 Piece at A Time

My American Dream. (Some assembly required.)

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

DIY "Keep The Change" Program

I kept seeing ads for Bank of America's "Keep the Change" program and thought, "I don't need a $7 a month service-charging bank to save my nickels for me." And so, since I try and use only cash, I have stopped using exact change when I make a purchase and break bills. For the last month, I have taken all the change and put it in a jar, and today I am going to cash it in and see how I fared. I'll post the results tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 01 November, 2006, Blogger Chitown said...

I have BofA's Keep the Change program and I like it a lot. I set up the automatic $25/month transfer from checking to savings to avoid account fees and minimum value requirements. This month so far, I have saved over $40 (including the $25) but I also do the change method. Every 3 months, I take the change into the bank and have it counted and deposit into savings. Then all of that gets transferred to ING.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home