1 Piece at A Time

My American Dream. (Some assembly required.)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Boy, What a Week!

The last time I posted, I was getting ready to leave for a convention on Cape Cod, and we were waiting to hear if we'd been pre-approved for a mortgage. It was a crazy four days, and the Cape was cold and cloudy all weekend, and then it rained on Tuesday. I returned home to a pile of work and an inbox full of emails, and promptly came down with a sinus infection. I'm not better, but I'm back. And, yes, we've been pre-approved! The rate is pretty high because of our business debt, but, according to the lender, there are a couple of things I can do to get it reduced. And we can always refinance once our credit history improves. Our down payment is in A/R, and as soon as it rolls in we're going to take a look at a house that's been on the market for almost a year. It looks great from the outside, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the inside proves just as nice.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 09 May, 2006, Blogger Chitown said...

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Feel better soon and congrats on the pre-approval!

 
At Wednesday, 10 May, 2006, Blogger Mountain Girl said...

Thanks, Chitown!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home