1 Piece at A Time

My American Dream. (Some assembly required.)

Friday, November 03, 2006

EnergyStar Tax Credits

While I'm sure most of you haven't started thinking about tax season, it's a good idea to think about tax-deductible purchases you can make before the year is over, especially with winter closing in. We're having a new roof put on our addition, and while they've got the roof off, we're going to have insulation put in. I found on the Department of Energy web site that we can get a credit of 10% (up to $500) for this improvement. My sister had new windows put in during the summer, and I'm sure that she is not aware that she can get a credit for that, too.

If you've made any energy-saving home improvements, or have purchased, or plan to purchase before the end of the year, any EnergyStar appliances (fridge, washer & dryer, oven, etc.) check out the site and see if you qualify for a credit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home